Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Portrait Session with Markos

portrait photogrpahy photo bay area session boy kid children child

I had a great portrait session a little while back with Markos (pictured above). Markos' mom really trusted my creative instinct, which was really nice. I was able to really decide how I wanted these photos to come out.

I wanted to get some shots that would really showcase the style that I'm going for. I like my photos to be simple, have natural lighting, and take place outdoors. I want these photos to take away all the distractions that we have in our lives today and plainly leave the personality of the subject for the camera to capture.

portrait photogrpahy photo bay area session boy kid children child
My photography inspiration whom I think does that very well is Elena Shumilova. And while I realize that we all have our own styles of photography and art, I'd like to take some of the elements that inspire that style and create my own (if that makes any sense at all).

If you're wondering how to shoot better natural light photographs, Jessica Drossin has a great tutorial up on 500px that you should take a look at. It even goes in-depth into her retouching process. You can take a look at that tutorial right here.

As always, thanks for reading. You can take a look at the rest of the photos from Markos' shoot, down below. Let me know what you think!

portrait photogrpahy photo bay area session boy kid children child

portrait photogrpahy photo bay area session boy kid children child


No comments:

Post a Comment