Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Journeying Through a Photography Business

A few days ago I was taking with my friends and had a revelation. I realized that I wanted to be a photographer. A professional one that is. It was the strangest feeling. I've always loved photography but for some reason had never thought of doing it for a living. And so now the journey begins.

A few days later I was with some friends, one of whom is a professional portrait photographer. He gave me a lot of great advice, all of which I've been putting into practice.

A few hours later I was practicing something on my camera and asked my friend if I could just take a test picture. That test picture is the above one. It turned out to be a great accidental portrait. I couldn't be more happy with this shot. It's my very first portrait I've ever done.

This is an introduction to the beginning of my business. I'm in the middle of creating a website, making business cards, a Facebook page etc. I thought it would be fun to document this journey and share any tips or maybe even mistakes that you guys can avoid. Hopefully I'll look back on this post someday and see where it began.

If you'd like to see some of my work you can check out my 500px portfolio right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment